Jamie Clifford’s pic of Brendan Constantine
What I am grateful for:
1. My kids—I love them.
2. My husband—he’s a keeper.
3. That I have wonderful friends who are my tribe.
4. That I have lots of light coming into my house.
5. That I have guest rooms so people can come and stay over.
6. That I get to drive around California.
7. That I get to travel, although hopefully I travel a little less in the future.
8. That I get to be a writer.
9. That I have live with art.
10. That I got out of the Farm and was able to build my own life.
11. That I was able to get a PhD. I like having one.
12. That I moved to California.
13. That it’s warm where I live.
14. That I’ve been to Greece.
15. That I’ve been to Hawaii.
16. That I have pets—birds, cats, dogs.
17. That I have chickens.
18. That I can run marathons.
19. That I have a lot of books.
20. That I live inside language, ideas, art, and gardening.
Now that Thanksgiving is over, I am going to start working on my New Year’s Resolutions. They are going to transform me into an extraordinary person. Will let you know how all that goes. For now, though, I’m going to be thankful I have another couple days off and get some sleep.